Email Marketing Guide
What Is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is an internet marketing method mainly used to connect with the client and potential customers using the emails as a medium. You are free to provide information related to your product and services. This helps in developing a relationship with clients and market your product at the same time.
Email Marketing generally includes:
- Sending advertisements
- Request for business
- Solicit sales
- Request Donations
- Meant to build loyalty and trust
- Finally, for Brand Awareness
It can also be personalized as per your demands and requirement too.
How Does Email Marketing Work?
Now that you know the definition of the email marketing, let’s get to how it works section. Email Marketing is very simple and easy to work with.
Here is a simple chart that one follows while opting the email marketing:
- Plan/Strategy – Every marketing method starts with a plan or strategy. Similarly, you need to have a plan ready to imply when going for Email Marketing.
- Choose The Tool – You either need a tool or you create one. Email Marketing requires a tool to manage and check whether your strategies are working or not.
- Prepare Campaign – You need to decide how would you like to communicate with your customers or clients and for that you need to create a campaign.
- Send Emails – Once you are done with all that, you can start sending the emails.
- Track Results – This is the important part where you check the response of the emails that you have sent. How many of those emails converted into leads or business? These are the kinds of results that you need to track.
- Analyze And Update Strategies – After you have the report, you can start working on your flaws. Check out what doesn’t work for you and create new strategies and execute them.
This is the path a marketer follows to execute email marketing. Email marketing requires planning and innovation to work perfectly.
Where To Start From?
Email marketing works on data, information, and details. This means, one who is good with all three can easily establish and execute an email marketing campaign.
Here is the list of questions that you need to answer before going for email marketing:
What Is Your Business & Goals?
Before putting your head into the email marketing, you need to establish your goals first. This also depends on your business type.
For example, if you are into e-commerce then you can use email marketing for advertisements, brand awareness, to sell offers and more. In this case, you need to bring customers to your platform and convert them into customers.
However, if you are into humanitarian business or an NGO then you are looking for a donation, publicity, and more people to join you.
You can also check the performance of your competition to start your own campaign.
Do You Have A List Of Email Contacts?
The next thing you need is contacts. Who are people you are going to send email to?
- You can start by creating a contact list of your already existing customers. Also, make sure you have appropriate permission to send email otherwise, the emails will be taken to the spam folder.
- Other than that, you can create a new list from scratch with potential customers and current clients.
- Furthermore, you can create an email list by offering some reward to the subscriber.
Along with all that, you can create your own methods for the same and get a nice list of potential customers to increase your ROI.
Do You Have A Campaign? If Yes, Then What Is The Type Of Campaign?
You need to design your campaign according to your business and its demand. There is a different type of campaigns that can be beneficial for different business types.
For instance, you can create an announcement campaign if you are planning to launch something new for your business.
Design your campaign on basis of these criteria:
These are some basic email marketing campaign types which can be designed and optimized on demand.
Are You Working On Conversion?
Email marketing is no good if you are not getting any business out of it. You need people to get to your platform and use your product and services.
For that, you need to design your email with attractive and relevant content that apprise the customer about your business.
Conversion in email marketing works on mainly two levels:
- First, when a person sees your email, it should be attractive enough to visit your website.
- Second, after reviewing your website, the receiver purchases the product if anything seems required.
As a marketer, you need to work on both aspects. This means the customer should find your email interesting enough to open it. And then your website should be attractive enough, so that customer purchases the item, product, or service.
Benefits Of Email Marketing
Email marketing has many benefits along with an increase in conversion rate, here is a list to make it easy to understand.
- Instant impact and increase in Return On Investment.
- This marketing technique is low cost yet always works perfectly.
- Target, engage and indulge the user to convert into a customer.
- This method is also easy to start, manage, and strategies
- Marketing with Brand Awareness
It offers an opportunity for your business that drives better return and investment. Unarguably, it is one of the most profitable means of marketing.
Email Marketing Tips
Finally, we are presenting you with some tips that can boost your email marketing strategies and make them more effective:
- Reward the customers to encourage them to use your services.
- Send periodic promotional emails to your in-active customers.
- Take benefit from the festive season and offer special offers.
- Personalize your email according to different customers.
- Ask for feedback and review using email as a tool to increase trust.
- Try to keep your emails out of the spam folder for better business.
Give people the chance to know about you, understand you and like your business, this what email marketing is all about.
BISDM or British International School Of Digital Marketing offers extensive digital marketing training, contact us to register for a free trial now.