What Is PPC (Pay-Per-Click) And How Does It Work?
PPC or Pay-Per-Click is a digital marketing method to get more traffic and visitor to your website. It is a simple process where the advertiser pays the publisher every time a user clicks on the posted ads.
PPC is offered by Search Engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo! and more) and now by social media platforms as well.
What is PPC or Pay-Per-Click?
PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click, it is a marketing method where the advertiser has to pay whenever a user clicks on the link displayed by the advertising party. This is considered to be a paid method of getting traffic rather than earning it using the organic way.
Various search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo! offer the services where you can publish your advertisement which will be posted on the top of the search page.
How Does PPC Work?
The PPC or Pay-Per-Click works on the specific keywords. This means your advertisement will only show up on the search engine results when a user searches for “that specific keyword”.
Whenever you run a PPC campaign, you have to provide a keyword, using which you want to attract traffic or something that represents your brand or product.
But in this era of competition, many other also want to reflect their product using the keyword that you want. In order to resolve such conflicts, the search engines auctions the keyword and the highest bidder gets the advertisement.
In case, the keyword you are targeting has no or minimum competition then you may not need to participate in the auction and you can get it by simply paying a fixed number to the search engine.
So, there are two primary models to run a PPC Campaign, these are:
- Flat-Rate PPC – It is the easiest method where the advertiser and publisher, both agree on a fixed rate per click. This can be negotiated and in case of a long-term contract, you can negotiate at even lower costs.
- Bid-Based PPC – The publisher organizes an auction where the advertiser competes against each other to get the ad spot. It is a complicated process where everybody has specific roles to play.
How to Master the PPC?
While running a PPC advertising campaign, you need to focus on these aspects:
- Keyword Relevance – You need to craft a keyword that properly defines your product.
- A Landing Page – You may get a good number of visitors using the PPC but you also need to convert them into the customers, otherwise, you will never earn any profit. A good landing page with relevant and persuasive content can do that for you.
- Quality Score – Google keeps a quality score on basis of keywords, landing pages, and PPC campaigns. If you have a good quality score then that means more clicks at low cost.
How To Craft A PPC Campaign Keyword?
The entire PPC Campaign runs around the keyword you use. This is why a keyword needs to be highly relevant for your product or brand. Along with that, you need to keep your keyword research on-going.
Yes, you can run a campaign by doing your keyword research once. But if you do not continue then you can miss out on highly relevant, long tail, and low-cost keyword that can bring large traffic to your website.
This is what PPC Keyword Research can help you get:
- Relevance – You can easily check the keywords with high PPC clicks. Out of which you can find or create your own keyword that also defines your product, brand, and niche.
- Long Tail – A long tail keyword is less common but more specific at the same time. This means, there is a chance that a user may not search for exact longtail keyword that you are using but he can type some words that your longtail keyword contains.
- Cost Effective – If you are good at research and continuously look for the relevant keyword for your product to run a campaign then there is a high chance that you will come across cost-effective keyword every now and then.
Finally, you also need to learn how to manage a PPC Campaign efficiently. This is more of a skill that requires practice and information.
At BISDM (British Internation School of Digital Marketing), we help you sharpen your PPC skills with the help of our experienced teachers. Here, you will get to craft your PPC Campaign and run it on various platforms. Along with that, we will provide the guidance with your Google Adwords and Microsoft Bing Ads projects.